Wednesday, April 18, 2012

SSIS–DFT does not loads last row from flat file

Yesterday, I had an interesting issue.  It has been reported me that an ETL always misses the last row from the flat file.  No matter what is the row is it happens for every file that the last row is missing.

last row

It is wired issue, I started check the ETL and created a new ETL with DFT pointing the same share file.  I could able to get all the rows.  It was happening only in that particular ETL.

I copied the DFT from the error ETL to my new ETL.  The problem disappeared.  I was wondering about the magic happening here.  The DFT is same, data file is same but the last row is getting missed.

I started comparing the ETL config and connections.  oh…at last I could able to figure out the issue.  It was due the Text Qualifier setting which update on the Flat File Connection component.  Make sure it set to None, if you don’t have any special handling.

Related MSDN discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Teams PowerShell

 The PowerShell helps to get quick meta data around Teams. Install-Module -Name MicrosoftTeams Connect-MicrosoftTeams Get-TeamAllChannel...